Monday, July 30, 2012

A Tale of Art And Graffiti In Japan





I am sorry. I do not know about anyone else, but I really, really miss Japan for so many reasons! However, as an artist (my first degree is in Art Studio) Japan was like my Mecca or finding the Holy Grail. Harajuku for me was probably the place that brought the influence of Japanese life on anime and manga full circle. Modern life in Japan has influenced every aspect of art that comes of Japan, whether it be woodblock, painting, or anything else. Harajuku not only had the people and style that looked like it was staright out of a manga but the art! Just look at these posters! It looks like graffiti, but these were actually plexiglass posters that were hung up around a mall on Takeshita Street in Harajuku. The colors, the style are just something that SCREAM Japanese! I wish I could wake up in Birmingham every day and see graffiti like this... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment